Mendenhall Glacier Float Trip
Juneau, AKBack to Excursion Results
This excursion is an exciting yet mild introduction to white-water rafting.
This is an exciting yet gentle introduction to white-water rafting!
On this excursion you will:
- Begin your adventure with a scenic tour to Mendenhall Lake, where you will have an excellent view of the glacier - 1½ miles wide and 150 feet high.
- Once near the shoreline, suit up with rain gear, life jackets, and rubber boots. Each raft carries 8 to 12 people and is rowed by an experienced guide.
- Paddle rafts are available for the more adventuresome.
- Float down past the Mendenhall River, you will be treated to spectacular views of hanging glaciers, towering peaks, and glacial topography whilst encountering stretches of moderate rapids that add excitement to the trip.
- Be provided an entertaining guide who will explain the natural phenomena at work in this scenic valley.
- Once ashore, you will enjoy an Alaskan-style snack featuring smoked salmon, reindeer sausage, cheese, pilot bread, and apple cider.
- Turn in your rafting gear and return to town by motorcoach.
Note: All participants are provided with rain gear, life jackets, and rubber boots. Tour operates in all weather conditions; warm clothing is recommended.
Children must weigh at least 40 pounds to fit the life jackets required for participation. Guests will be required to sign a liability release form to participate in this tour.
Bring an extra pair of socks! This tour operates under a Special Use Permit issued by the U.S. Forest Service.