White Pass & Yukon Railway
Skagway, AKBack to Excursion Results
Ride aboard an old-fashioned parlor car retracing the original route to the summit of White Pass.
There is no railroad quite like the White Pass & Yukon Route Railway.
On this beautiful excursion you will:
- Learn, against all odds, this iron trail was born because of the 1898 Klondike gold rush and built through some of the most rugged and spectacular terrain.
- Discover almost 100 years later, this narrow gauge railway is still in operation.
- Ride aboard an old-fashioned parlor car retracing the original route to the summit of White Pass.
- Leave Skagway behind as the Alaskan wilderness unfolds outside your window as you climb this steep grade past the Bridal Veil Falls, Inspiration Point, and Dead Horse Gulch.
- After reaching the White Pass Summit, the international boundary between the U.S. and Canada, you'll return along the same route back to Skagway and the ship.
There are no videos available for this shore excursion at this time