Rainforest & Waterfall Hiking Adventure
Maui (Kahului), HIBack to Excursion Results
Walking is approximately 2 miles. Ponchos and backpacks will be provided. Wear your swimsuit under comfortable clothing, hiking or tennis shoes, and sunscreen; bring a towel. This is not a strenuous hike, but participants should be in reasonable physical condition
Walk through a beautiful rain forest environment to waterfalls cascading into pools for swimming or just wading.
Walk to several waterfalls in one of Maui’s most popular rain forest valleys.
On this excursion you will:
- Begin with a narrated scenic drive.
- The spectacular views are enhanced by your hiking guides, expert naturalists renowned in Hawaii as “walking encyclopedias” in botany, ethno-botany, geology, culture and history. They won Hawaii’s “Eco Tour Company of the Year” in 2010.
- See Maui at its best- gorgeous bamboo and tropical rain forests, fresh-water streams, numerous waterfalls and pools, ferns, flowers and fruit trees. The whole area is a playground of beauty and adventure...and there is nothing like “showering” under a Hawaiian waterfall.
- The falls are 10 to 40 feet high and all have large pools perfect for swimmers or toe dippers (swimming is always optional).
- Your lunch will include organic fresh fruit, sandwich (turkey sandwich or veggie burger), cookie and bottled water.