Halifax & Peggy's Cove
Halifax, NS, CanadaBack to Excursion Results
Experience an informative narrated tour of Halifax, including historic properties, a restored section of the waterfront, Citadel Hill and the beautiful public gardens.
The two most popular ‘must see’ sites; Halifax; Peggy’s Cove and city highlights.
- Today, see both as you experience an informative narrated excursion of Halifax, including a drive by historic properties, a restored section of the waterfront, Citadel Hill and the beautiful public gardens before heading out to Peggy’s Cove.
- On this excursion you will travel along the scenic coastal highway to the tiny village of Peggy’s Cove, where less then 60 residents live year around.
- See the brightly colored houses nestled close to the water’s edge in this working rustic fishing village.
- As you enter the cove, drive by the deGarthe monument, carved from a massive slab of granite by local artist William deGarthe and a tribute to the people of Peggy’s Cove.
- Your guide will also spin tales of the Cove, explain how it got its name, tell you the story of its lighthouse, and talk about the lobster fishery, which is the backbone of the local economy.
- There is also an optional live lobster demonstration from your guide if you wish.
- Explore the village on your own and if you choose, there is plenty of time to visit a few of the shops and galleries.
- Return to the pier via air-conditioned coach.
NOTE: Stop at Peggy’s Cove is approximately one hour. Warm clothing, a raincoat, and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.