St. Martins & The Bay of Fundy
Saint John, NB, CanadaBack to Excursion Results
Travel to the shores of the Bay of Fundy and explore the picturesque fishing village of St. Martins, complete with a visit to a working harbour and a stroll on a rugged Bay of Fundy beach.
Travel to the shores of the Bay of Fundy and explore the picturesque fishing village of St. Martins on this half-day tour, including a chance to visit a working harbour and stroll on a rocky Bay of Fundy Beach!
On this wonderful excursion you will:
- Pass through the city of Saint John and the scenic countryside, including occasional views of the coastline, on the less than one hour drive to St. Martins.
- Hear about the village’s unique history, including the thriving shipbuilding era of bygone days.
- Visit St. Martins’ Sea Caves and beach to view the caves under the cliffs carved out by the pounding tides.
- Visit the harbor area, which is a favorite with photographers and painters, with its lighthouse, lobster traps, fishing boats and two covered bridges creating a charming scene.
- Shop for locally handmade country crafts at the harbor area.
Note: Guests must be able to walk approximately 300 yards over even surfaces with 5 to 10 steps. Walking on the beach and at the Sea Caves is over very rocky terrain and is at your discretion. The Sea Caves are only accessible at low tide, but they can be viewed from the beach during high tide. The tide may be high or low depending on the time of visit. Low-heeled, comfortable walking shoes are recommended