Deep Sea Fishing
Cozumel, MexicoBack to Excursion Results
- Minimum age for participation is 8.
- Guests must sign a waiver to participate.
- If you get seasick easily, this tour is not recommended as the boat will not take you back until the end of the trip.
- Boats are set up with downriggers and outriggers and all lines are rotated throughout the duration of the trip.
- All billfish in these waters are protected by a catch-and-release program. For fish under 100 pounds, the crew will bring it on board the boat, let you take a photo, then release it. If it is larger than 100 pounds, you can take photos of the fish off the side of the boat, after which the crew releases the fish.
- Your catch cannot be brought back aboard your Carnival cruise ship.
- Beverages, snacks, all equipment, bait, tackle and ice are included on this Cozumel deep-sea fishing excursion.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and your camera (no photo service is provided).
Bring good luck and your sense of adventure when you fish nutrient rich Caribbean waters that surround the island of Cozumel.
Take to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean to do battle with fighting gamefish on this Deep Sea Fishing shore excursion off the Cozumel coast. Enjoy a splendid day of fishing as you and a handful of Carnival cruisers wrestle with high-flying billfish and drink to the ones that got away.
No fishing experience is necessary (since there is no guarantee you’ll catch anything) for this Cozumel shore excursion—the expert boat crew aboard the 31-foot Island Hopper does it all. Depending on weather conditions and catch reports, you and your boatload of anglers head out to one of three reliable spots, each a breezy thirty-minute sail from Puerta Maya Pier—and each between 1,000 and 2,000 feet deep. Sit back and enjoy the scenery as the crew sets lines and bait and monitors the Island Hopper’s special fish finder. The boat trolls the sea at a leisurely 5 knots. Feel the breeze in your face as you sip an icy beer—this is the life!
Ready to test your fishing skills? Everyone on board gets a turn in the fighting chair—and now you’re in the hot seat. Was that a nibble or a real bite? The real drama begins—they don’t call it a “fighting chair” for nothing! All participants rotate every five minutes at the fishing stations; if you’ve managed to catch something, it’s time for the perfect keepsake: a photo of you with the one that didn’t get away—until the next time, that is.
Book this Deep Sea Fishing shore excursion to battle big game fish in the company of fellow Carnival cruisers on the deep blue sea. This Cozumel shore excursion is an exciting way to add fun ashore to your fun afloat.