Historic Merida Highlights & Mayan Rum-Tasting
Yucatan (Progreso), MexicoBack to Excursion Results
- Minimum age for rum-tasting is 21 years.
Travel to the colonial city of Mérida and enjoy a scenic bus tour followed by rum-tasting at a historic hacienda.
Travel to the colonial city of Mérida and enjoy a scenic bus tour followed by rum-tasting at a historic hacienda. On this excursion, you will:
- Sit back and relax in your air conditioned motor coach for a 45-minute drive to the city of Mérida.
- Learn that in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Mérida prospered from the production of henequen (sisal).
- See lovely estates from this period as you travel along Montejo Boulevard.
- View Merida’s highlights, including the Monument to the Country, an immense stone carving depicting the history of Mexico.
- Visit a historic hacienda that produces Xtabentún, a Mayan liqueur made from rum, honey and anise exclusive to the Yucatan peninsula.
- Take a guided tour through the grounds of this beautiful hacienda and learn how Xtabentún is distilled, aged and packaged.
- Enjoy the opportunity to taste this unique liqueur and have the option to purchase it as well as other fruit-flavored rums produced on site.
NOTE: Minimum age for rum-tasting is 21 years.