Wines, Horses & Santiago Ship-Hotel/Airport No TFR
Santiago (Valparaiso), ChileBack to Excursion Results
Experience the very best of the Chilean Spirit, visiting a local winery, witnessing the skills of the Chilean rodeo and seeing the highlights of Santiago.
THIS EXCURSION STARTS AT THE SHIP AND ENDS AT YOUR CCL RECOMMENDED HOTEL AND AT SANTIAGO (SCL) AIRPORT. FOR FLIGHTS ON DEBARKATION DAY THAT LEAVE AFTER 9PM
From the pier, your motor coach will take 45 minutes into the Casablanca Valley, famous for its climate, soil and vines.
- The valley is oriented in such a way that daily ocean breezes cool the grapes on the vine and result in intensely fruity wines when properly vinified.
- Here you will visit one of the wineries located in this valley. You will be shown the wine-process and will taste some of the delicious wines they produce.
- Afterwards, drive towards Puro Caballo, a unique location where you will be introduced to the “huaso” traditions of our country.
- First, learn about the Chilean horse, a pure breed, able to do things that no other horse races in the world can do due to its special morphology.
- Then, while enjoying a glass of wine or pisco sour, witness an exhibition of the skills of the “duet” man-horse in our national sport: the Chilean rodeo.
- A delicious typical lunch awaits for you in the restaurant located in the grounds, decorated in the traditional rural way.
- After lunch, continue your drive towards Santiago, crossing the Casablanca and Curacaví valleys.
- Upon arrival in Santiago, enjoy a guided panoramic drive of the city.
- Pass by La Moneda, Presidential Palace, before continuing towards Club Hipico, a manicured horseracing track in the older residential area of the city.
- Continue past the O’Higgins Park, and the lively Plaza de Armas, with its beautiful Cathedral.
- Upon reaching the newer residential areas of the city you will board a funicular/cable car for a ride to the top of San Cristobal Hill. Here you enjoy a visit to the top of San Cristobal Hill for a photo stop for breathtaking view over Santiago City and the Andes Mountains
Afterwards, end your tour at the Santiago (VAP) airport and at your CCL Recommended hotel.
Note; Comfortable shoes are recommended.. A minimum number of guests is required for this excursion to operate.
Infants policy in regards to airport transfers is as follows; ages 0 – 23 months do not need tickets purchased and will sit on parents knee. Children 24 months and older will need to purchase a ticket and will have their own seat.
CCL (CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES) HOTELS ARE THOSE BOOKED THROUGH CARNIVAL DIRECTLY. If you have booked your hotel directly through Carnival Cruise Lines, please be advised that both Pre and Post excursions can be booked via your Carnival Representative at the Hospitality Desk in your respective hotel.
Please click here to receive further information on your exciting choices of pre and post excursions at your hotel.