Beach Horseback Riding
AntiguaBack to Excursion Results
Minimum age is 6 years; maximum weight is 225 lbs. Water is included; food and drinks are available for purchase at the restaurant in Miller's Beach. It is recommended that you bring sunscreen and wear a swimsuit underneath your clothing. Pregnant women and guests with back/neck injuries are not permitted on this excursion. Helmets will be provided and must be worn. Closed toe shoes are compulsory shoes. A flotation device must be worn in the water.
Saddle up for a scenic horseback ride along land, beautiful beaches, and to view Antigua’s historic fort.
Saddle up for a relaxing scenic horseback ride along land and beautiful beaches to view Antigua’s historic fort.
On this excursion you will:
- Take a 10-minute bus ride from the pier to Runaway Bay where you will listen to a safety briefing and be assigned a horse according to your riding ability and size.
- Mount up and follow your guide as you ride across the land and beach, with beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea, towards historic Fort James.
- Learn that Fort James was built in 1739 and is the only military site on the island that still has its full complement of cannons in place; it also offers fabulous views of St. John’s Harbour and the lovely coastline.
- Wind you way through breezy Cauina trees and across open land with views of the multi-hued Caribbean Sea on one side and a sugar mill and lines of coconut trees to the other.
- Continue your ride along Runaway Bay, with gently sloping sand and cool waters.Traversing back through shady lanes, you will find yourselves back at the start of your tour.
- Watch as your guide unsaddles your horse and you’ll have the opportunity to ride your horse in the Caribbean Sea (optional and sea conditions permitting).
- Shower and refresh yourself before the bus ride back to your ship.