Downtown Walking Tour & Kura Hulanda Museum
CuracaoBack to Excursion Results
Explore Willemstad’s Dutch architecture, pastel-colored buildings and ornate façades on a guided walking tour of this historic city.
Explore Willemstad’s Dutch architecture, pastel-colored buildings and ornate façades on a guided walking tour of this historic city. On this excursion, you will:
• Be escorted to the center of town where you’ll visit the Kura Hulanda Museum.
• Tour this anthropological museum that exhibits the transatlantic slave trade and features an impressive collection of traditional African and Afro-Caribbean artifacts.
• Continues to the old labor houses which have been renovated into the 5-star Kura Holanda Hotel.
• Proceed along the waterway to the Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge and cross the waterway by bridge or ferry.
• Head to Willemstad’s historic downtown district to see Fort Amsterdam, home to the Governor’s Palace, and stroll along Main Street, passing the floating market, and on to a local marketplace for a brief stop.
• See the oldest synagogue in the Western Hemisphere on your way back.
• Have the option to stay downtown on your own or walk back to your ship.
NOTE: Tour sequence may vary.