Ocho Rios, JamaicaBack to Excursion Results
Calling all rollercoaster enthusiasts and adventure seekers - you will love this new thrill ride, the Jamaica Bobsled.
Calling all rollercoaster enthusiasts and adventure seekers…you will love this new thrill ride, the Jamaica Bobsled.
On this excursion you will:
- Board an air conditioned shuttle bus for the short drive to Mystic Mountain.
- Arrive and ride the Sky Explorer chairlift for a picturesque 15-minute ride through the tropical canopy to the top station.
- Enjoy a few minutes here browsing the interactive displays which showcase Jamaica’s history, culture and the story of Jamaica’s original bobsled team that competed in the 1988 and 1992 Winter Olympics.
- Listen to an orientation and safety briefing. Board your bobsled for an exhilarating ride.
- “Fly” down the mountain and through the lush tropical forest on a specially built Jamaica Bobsled and raised track; the ride features a gravity-driven plunge of 3,280 feet with twists and turns as you make your way through the tropical forest!
- Control the speed of your descent with an in-sled hand brake, allowing for either a leisurely ride or a pulse quickening dive to the bottom of the mountain.
- Stop, then you and the bobsled are slowly raised back to the top of the mountain on an elevated tramway.
- Spend as much time as you desire at the top admiring the panoramic views, swimming in the infinity edge pool, or enjoying a tasty snack from the restaurant; when you are ready to depart, simply hop on the Sky Explorer back to the bottom where a shuttle will take you back to the ship.
NOTE: Minimum age to climb Dunn’s River Falls is 6 years. Child must be at least 8 years old or 46 inches to ride the Bobsled. Food and beverages are available for purchase. Athletic/fastened shoes are recommended for the chairlift. Storage lockers are available for a nominal charge. Rocks at Dunn’s River Falls are slippery; water shoes are required to climb (available for sale at the Falls). A liability waiver is required for this excursion. Pregnant women and guests with heart conditions or back/neck/knee injuries are not permitted.