Santo Domingo City Tour with Lunch
La Romana, Dominican RepublicBack to Excursion Results
- Lunch is included.
- Ozama Fortress or Royal Houses Museum will be visited in the case of another location being closed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Transfer time from La Romana Pier to Santo Domingo is aprox. 2 hours.
- Headphones are provided in the Alcazar and in the Cathedral.
- Shoulders and legs must be covered to enter the Cathedral.
- There is moderate walking of approx 3 hours and also steps on this excursion.
- May operate in reverse.
On 01/21/14 Cathedral of Santo Domingo La Menor will be closed for visits due to National holiday.
Explore the sights and sounds of Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic.
Explore the sights and sounds of the capital of the Dominican Republic.
- Your journey begins with a scenic 1¾ hours motor coach ride to Santo Domingo, the Oldest City in the New World.
- Visit the Alcazar de Colón, the majestic palace of Hispaniola’s first Governor and son of Christopher Columbus, Don Diego Colón.
- Next, walk through the Colonial Zone and visit the National Pantheon.
- Browse the local artistry and goods at the Columbus Plaza before visiting the First Cathedral in the Americas.
- After touring the cathedral, enjoy a lunch buffet at the Atarazana Restaurant followed by a scenic drive through modern Santo Domingo.
- Finally, you will enjoy a brief photo stop at the Columbus Lighthouse which honors the memory of the Discoverer of the Americas.