Altos De Chavon & River Boat Cruise
La Romana, Dominican RepublicBack to Excursion Results
- Complimentary water, soda, and rum drinks are included during riverboat cruise.
Go back to a slower-moving era with a walking tour through a replica of a 16th century Mediterranean village, followed by a Mississippi-style river boat cruise.
Go back to a slower-moving era with a walking tour through a replica of a 17th century Mediterranean village, followed by a riverboat cruise.
- You’ll travel by air conditioned motor coach to Altos de Chavón, a unique village where artists live, work, and play.
- Stroll through the cobblestone streets lined with lanterns, wrought-iron balconies, a few quaint shops and a panoramic view of the river.
- Walk by the St. Stanislaus Church and the world-renown School of Design.
- Visit the Regional Archaeological Museum, Woven Art Workshop, and the open-air amphitheatre.
- You will be taken down to the riverbank by motorcoach where you will board a riverboat. Immerse yourself in the lovely views along the Chavón River, where the movie Apocalypse Now was filmed, while enjoying a complimentary drink and listening to Dominican music.