St. Kitts by Rail & Scenic Drive
St Kitts, WIBack to Excursion Results
Board the St. Kitts Scenic Railway for a memorable journey around this beautiful island.
Board the St. Kitts Railway for a memorable journey around this beautiful island.
On this excursion you will:
- Board a bus at the pier and travel 10 minutes to the Train Station.
- Travel along the Northeastern coastline where fields of sugarcane stretch from the shoreline up to the mountains.
- Roll across tall steel bridges and wind through small villages and farms.
- See the entire island from the comfort of double-deck railcars where all guests have a seat on both levels of the railcar.
- Enjoy the upper level’s spacious open-air observation deck with panoramic views.
- Ride in air-conditioned comfort in the lower level as you gaze through the expansive vaulted windows.
- Feel the island ambiance with comfortable rattan furniture, complimentary specialty drinks and snacks, island music and a colorful narrative history of the Caribbean.
- Your experience is complimented by a scenic drive aboard the Scenic Railway’s sightseeing buses along the Southwestern coast.
- Enjoy the excellent vistas and take photos as you drive past Brimstone Hill Fortress, the British “Gibraltar of the West Indies", the tombstone in Middle Island where Thomas Jefferson’s great-grandfather is buried and Egrets nesting in the trees that looks like flowers on trees.
- On your scenic drive you can also enjoy the views of the neighboring island of Nevis, birthplace of American statesman Alexander Hamilton, the first Secretary of the U.S. Treasury.
- Disembark the train and travel back through the islands small villages for approximately 40 minutes back to the ship.
There are no videos available for this shore excursion at this time