Gibbs Cay Beach & Stingray Encounter
Grand TurkBack to Excursion Results
Explore an uninhabited island and have a close encounter with stingrays on this exciting combination excursion.
Explore an uninhabited island and have a close encounter with stingrays on this fun and unique island experience.
- Departing from the pier, enjoy a boat ride to the pristine, uninhabited island of Gibbs Cay.
- Upon arrival, your guides will provide you with snorkel equipment and a safety briefing.
- Take this opportunity to explore the coral reef, approximately 50 yards from the beach, and get up close with a myriad of colorful fish.
- During your time at Gibbs Cay, the crew will demonstrate the art of cleaning a conch, a local delicacy, and you’ll have the opportunity to explore the island or go in search of the elusive Osprey.
- Watch as the graceful stingrays approach the small bay, one by one.
- Enjoy swimming with the stingrays while the crew assists you in handling these beautiful sea creatures.
- After swimming with the stingrays, you may relax on the beach with a complimentary beverage.
- Finally, you’ll reboard the boat for a leisurely cruise back to the pier.
Note: Minimum age is 5 years. Snorkel equipment is included. Guests wishing to explore the island will be required to wear shoes as this involves walking on rough terrain and steep hills. Guests should wear swimsuit underneath clothing; changing facilities are not available on the island. Sunscreen, beach towel, and sunglasses are recommended. Guests should be comfortable swimming in water over their heads. Stringrays are in their natural environment, interations and sightings are not guaranteed.