Belize Zoo & City Tour
BelizeBack to Excursion Results
Get a closer look at the animals that live in Belize on this excursion to the Belize Zoo.
Belize’s zoo, historical highlights and multicultural flavor await you on this combination tour.
- You’ll travel out of the city and 30 miles along the Western Highway en route to the zoo.
- Get an insight into the daily lives of the people of this vibrant Central American jewel as your guide entertains you with the history, culture, geography, flora and fauna of this diverse country.
- The Belize Zoo is the perfect way to experience what the untamed jungles and savannahs have to offer.
- The Tropical Education Center was started in 1983 as an attempt to provide a home for various wild animals that had been featured in documentary films about the rainforest.
- From the very beginning, it was apparent that the Belizean visitors to the zoo were not familiar with the different species of wildlife that shared their country and all efforts were made to transform the little zoo into a dynamic wildlife education center.
- Today, the Belize Zoo covers approximately 29 acres of tropical savannah and features over 125 animals native to Belize, many of which were found injured and nursed back to health.
- Enjoy the magnificent range of mammals, birds and reptiles from jaguars to howler monkeys, toucans to egrets and crocodiles to tree frogs, all in their natural habitat.
- You will enjoy approximately 1½ hours touring the zoo and education center before returning via Belize City, finally arriving at the pier.
There are no videos available for this shore excursion at this time