Florence & Pisa
Livorno (Florence/Pisa), ItalyBack to Excursion Results
Headphones are provided. Please have your shoulders and knees covered when entering religious buildings. The Florence visit will be entirely on foot and long walks are involved in the excursions. Comfortable shoes, water and a sun hat are recommended. Due to new traffic regulations drop off/on bus points at Florence may change. Tour may be reversed. Children’s prices in Pisa are between the ages of 4 to 8 years. Children under 9 years are not allowed to enter the Tower. Cathedral and Baptistery in Pisa can change its hours at short notice. Guests travelling by scooters and wheelchairs are kindly asked to contact the tour desk before tour departures.
Spend a full day among the many great treasures of Florence and Pisa and discover what makes this travel experience unique.
Spend a full day among the many great treasures of Florence and Pisa and discover why few other travel experiences can match this journey.
On this exciting excursion you will:
- After a motor coach journey of approximately 1½ hours, your walking tour of the majestic city of Florence begins.
- View the outside of the red domed, 15th century Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo), the Baptistery, famous for its carved bronze doors, and the striking Campanile Bell Tower.
- Continue past Piazza della Signoria, an open-air art gallery overlooked by the imposing Palazzo Vecchio. Some major Italian artists, including a copy of Michelangelo’s David, adorn this unique square with wonderful statues.
- Enjoy the picturesque Piazza Santa Croce where you will have an exterior view of its famous church, erected in 1296 and housing famous tombs and monuments.
- Take a photo opportunity at the 14th century Ponte Vecchio Bridge, lined with shops selling gold and silver.
- After a typical Italian lunch in a local Florence restaurant, you will make your 1.5 hour journey to Pisa where you will be guided around Miracle Square visiting the inside of the Romanesque Cathedral and the round shaped Baptistery.
- Admire, from the outside, the striking Leaning Tower of Pisa, the most famous tower in the world.