Las Palmas Island Tour
Las Palmas, Canary ISBack to Excursion Results
Tour by bus through Tafira and up past the Bandama Volcano Crater to the town of Arucas to see its famous gothic Cathedral
Discover the scenic landscapes and historic towns of Las Palmas on this panoramic tour. On this excursion you will:
- Ride in a motor coach through the exclusive residential area of Tafira and up to the vast Bandama volcanic crater for a photo stop.
- Pass by Santa Brigida en route to Teror, a charming town with wide streets and colonial mansions adorned with traditional wooden balconies.
- Enjoy some free time to browse the shops or relax at a cafe.
- Continue on to Arucas, an agricultural center and the island’s third largest town.
- Stop of a short photo opportunity at the San Juan Bautista Church - a grey stone neo-gothic church that towers majestically over the surrounding small white houses.
- Proceed to Altavista, the best overlook in town, from which you will enjoy views of Las Palmas before returning to your ship.
NOTE: comfortable walking shoes recommended. No interior visits will be made during this excursion. This excursion involves winding roads; therefore guests who suffer from vertigo should take necessary precautions before boarding the motor coach.