Panama Canal Transit
Explore Panama Canal Transit
See the “Big Ditch” in action as you cross from one ocean to another on cruises to the Panama Canal. The manmade canal connecting the Atlantic and Pacific oceans is one of the world’s busiest waterways and a unique cruising destination. Explore ecological treasures of tropical beauty in Panama as you watch big ships muscle through the canal.
- See ships rise and fall in the massive locks on a Panama Canal cruise.
- Kayak the Panama Canal in manmade Gatún Lake.
- Explore the cloud forest of Monteverde on an excursion from Puntarenas, Costa Rica.
- Wander the historic streets of Cartagena, one of South America’s finest colonial cities.
- Start your Panama Canal cruise on one coast of the United States and end on the other.