Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Explore Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Bordering a gentle stretch of sand kissed by Pacific breezes, the former rough-and-tumble port town of Puntarenas, Costa Rica, is now a laid-back seaside retreat. With a Puntarenas cruise, you can stroll the mile-long seafront Paseo de los Turistas boardwalk past restaurants, cafes, and colorful souvenir stands. On your Carnival cruise to Puntarenas, relax on the powdery beach and watch the sun melt into the Gulf of Nicoya.
- Sample Costa Rican specialties in an outdoor café on Paseo de los Turistas.
- Shop for local crafts and rich Costa Rican coffee on Puntarenas cruises.
- Watch the sunset from the Puntarenas beach.
- Swing above the rainforest on a zipline canopy ride.
- Listen for the call of brilliant scarlet macaws in Carara National Park.