• REVIEWS
  • FORUMS
FORUMS
Subscribe to Forums

What's happenin' here?

Hot on the forums

Does anyone know?

There´s a place where fun people gather to share ideas and opinions. And that place is the forums. Good thing you're here!

Ensenada excursions

Last post on Nov 22, 2011 at 12:56 PM by Boatwrench

Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
      Not Ranked

36 Posts

anewbie replied on Fri Oct 7, 2011 at 06:16 PM

There isn't really that many Ensenada excursions and not many are rated.  Is there anyone that has an excursion they'd recommend?

Not Ranked
      Posts 36
      Posted: Fri Oct 7, 2011 at 06:16 PM

There isn't really that many Ensenada excursions and not many are rated.  Is there anyone that has an excursion they'd recommend?

Top 25 Contributor

7,983 Posts

Engineer Rick replied on Fri Oct 7, 2011 at 09:34 PM

anewbie:

When one of the main excursions is a trip to the "Blow Hole", you realize that there is not a lot to do in Ensenada.  We don't recommend any of the Excursions.

We've cruised there three times so far and usually entertain ourselves by shopping on the main shopping street.  (It's an easy walk from the ship.)  Work on your Bartering skills before you go.  You can get much better prices than for the same products in Cabo.

And there's always Hussong's Cantina.  Drinks

Engineer Rick

I am a Cruisaholic; "I'm Not Dead Yet"  Cool

Carnival Conquest, March 21, 2015, Fort Lauderdale, FL   ***   Carnival Splendor, September 6, 2015, New York, New York   ***   Carnival Miracle, December 13, 2015, Long Beach, CA   ***   Carnival Inspiration, January 15, 2016, Long Beach, CA   ***   Carnival Dream, March 20, 2016, Narleans, LA   ***   Carnival Vista, August 6, 2016, Barcelona, Spain

Top 25 Contributor
      Male
      Posts 7,983
      replied on Fri Oct 7, 2011 at 09:34 PM

anewbie:

When one of the main excursions is a trip to the "Blow Hole", you realize that there is not a lot to do in Ensenada.  We don't recommend any of the Excursions.

We've cruised there three times so far and usually entertain ourselves by shopping on the main shopping street.  (It's an easy walk from the ship.)  Work on your Bartering skills before you go.  You can get much better prices than for the same products in Cabo.

And there's always Hussong's Cantina.  Drinks

Engineer Rick

I am a Cruisaholic; "I'm Not Dead Yet"  Cool

Carnival Conquest, March 21, 2015, Fort Lauderdale, FL   ***   Carnival Splendor, September 6, 2015, New York, New York   ***   Carnival Miracle, December 13, 2015, Long Beach, CA   ***   Carnival Inspiration, January 15, 2016, Long Beach, CA   ***   Carnival Dream, March 20, 2016, Narleans, LA   ***   Carnival Vista, August 6, 2016, Barcelona, Spain

Not Ranked

36 Posts

anewbie replied on Sat Oct 8, 2011 at 03:29 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Not Ranked
      Posts 36
      replied on Sat Oct 8, 2011 at 03:29 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Top 500 Contributor

542 Posts

rosefloater replied on Sun Oct 9, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I've done the La Bufadora, Horseback ride and the Wine tour. I would recommend any of them.

At the Bufadora, you have to walk thru the street with the shop vendors trying to get you into their stores before you get to the Bufadora. If you don't want to go into the stores, try to stay in the middle of the street and don't stop. There are also some stalls.

On the horseback tour, you are taken to a ranch in the hills above Ensenada. When I went the snack was excellent tacos. They also took pictures of you on your horse that you could buy (don't remember the price, but they only took cash).

On the winery tour, you go to 2 wineries and are given 1 bottle of wine. It is about an hour ride to the wineries. At the end of the tour, we asked to be dropped off in town (we only had the free bottles of wine with us. Otherwise they drop you back at the ship.

Some people I know have done the ATV tour and liked it.

Or you can just walk into town. It is about 1 mile (15-20 min. walk) to the main tourist area on Lopez Mateos..

Top 500 Contributor
      Posts 542
      replied on Sun Oct 9, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I've done the La Bufadora, Horseback ride and the Wine tour. I would recommend any of them.

At the Bufadora, you have to walk thru the street with the shop vendors trying to get you into their stores before you get to the Bufadora. If you don't want to go into the stores, try to stay in the middle of the street and don't stop. There are also some stalls.

On the horseback tour, you are taken to a ranch in the hills above Ensenada. When I went the snack was excellent tacos. They also took pictures of you on your horse that you could buy (don't remember the price, but they only took cash).

On the winery tour, you go to 2 wineries and are given 1 bottle of wine. It is about an hour ride to the wineries. At the end of the tour, we asked to be dropped off in town (we only had the free bottles of wine with us. Otherwise they drop you back at the ship.

Some people I know have done the ATV tour and liked it.

Or you can just walk into town. It is about 1 mile (15-20 min. walk) to the main tourist area on Lopez Mateos..

Top 200 Contributor

810 Posts

luvtocruise replied on Mon Oct 10, 2011 at 01:47 PM

I've done all but the jeep and atv tours. If you have questions I'd be happy to answer. My personal favs are A taste of Mexico and the Resort Get away.

40 and counting...   Carnival Milestone( 38) +2 Tropicale, Jubilee, Holiday x3, Elation x3, Ecstasy, Conquest x2, Paradise x 13, Splendor x 2, Liberty, Inspiration x 9,Imagination, Legend , Royal Carib, Celebrity

Booked April 2015 Pride!!

Booked New Years 2015 Imagination!!

Top 200 Contributor
      Posts 810
      replied on Mon Oct 10, 2011 at 01:47 PM

I've done all but the jeep and atv tours. If you have questions I'd be happy to answer. My personal favs are A taste of Mexico and the Resort Get away.

40 and counting...   Carnival Milestone( 38) +2 Tropicale, Jubilee, Holiday x3, Elation x3, Ecstasy, Conquest x2, Paradise x 13, Splendor x 2, Liberty, Inspiration x 9,Imagination, Legend , Royal Carib, Celebrity

Not Ranked

23 Posts

kleavon replied on Tue Oct 11, 2011 at 10:19 AM

My sisters and I loved the winery tour.  We had a great tour guide! The smaller winery had wonderful goodies like preserves, flavored oils and spreads. The larger winery had better wine in my opinion and the prices were fantastic. We each bought the max amount of wine we were allowed to return to the states with. Big Smile Remember to bring enough cash for tipping your tour guide and shopping if you want to.

Not Ranked
      Posts 23
      replied on Tue Oct 11, 2011 at 10:19 AM

My sisters and I loved the winery tour.  We had a great tour guide! The smaller winery had wonderful goodies like preserves, flavored oils and spreads. The larger winery had better wine in my opinion and the prices were fantastic. We each bought the max amount of wine we were allowed to return to the states with. Big Smile Remember to bring enough cash for tipping your tour guide and shopping if you want to.

Not Ranked

36 Posts

anewbie replied on Fri Oct 14, 2011 at 06:06 PM

LUVTOCRUISE- Can you tell me a little more about the "A Taste of Mexico" and the "Resort Getaway" I think my husband is interested in the Taste of Mexico, and the Resort sounds good to me LOL...have you been to the Beach Party at Rosarito?  I'm thinking about that one too...

Not Ranked
      Posts 36
      replied on Fri Oct 14, 2011 at 06:06 PM

LUVTOCRUISE- Can you tell me a little more about the "A Taste of Mexico" and the "Resort Getaway" I think my husband is interested in the Taste of Mexico, and the Resort sounds good to me LOL...have you been to the Beach Party at Rosarito?  I'm thinking about that one too...

Not Ranked

36 Posts

anewbie replied on Fri Oct 14, 2011 at 06:07 PM

Has anyone done the Beach Party at Rosarito?  I'd like to hear more about it...

Not Ranked
      Posts 36
      replied on Fri Oct 14, 2011 at 06:07 PM

Has anyone done the Beach Party at Rosarito?  I'd like to hear more about it...

Top 200 Contributor

810 Posts

luvtocruise replied on Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

A Taste of Mexico, starts off with some sightseeing around the city. You end up at Mango Mango restaurant. You go up to the 2nd floor and are greeted by Jesus the chef. You get the ingredients brought to the table and assemble your lunch. No cooking involved. First you cut up the veggies and make salsa. Then you add avocado and lime and make guacamole. Next you make a chicken enchilada(yummy). Then a beef  tostada The food is delicious and Jesus is funny. The resort tour is fantastic if the weather cooperates. Estero beach is the place. You can find it online. If its not full, they give the tour a hotel room to change in. Pool with a swim up bar. Poolside massages, ping pong, basketball, paddle boats, volleyball. They are lounge chairs on the beach. In the afternoon the horses and jet skis show up. Take plenty of cash. The massages, horses and jet skis are cash only. The buffet lunch is included. Drinks are at your own purchase. The food is delicious. This is what you make it. You can do everything or nothing. I've never been to the Rosarito Beach party. Its MTV style and is offered in the summer months. Hope this helps. If you have more ?, just ask. Happy Cruising.

Top 200 Contributor
      Posts 810
      replied on Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

A Taste of Mexico, starts off with some sightseeing around the city. You end up at Mango Mango restaurant. You go up to the 2nd floor and are greeted by Jesus the chef. You get the ingredients brought to the table and assemble your lunch. No cooking involved. First you cut up the veggies and make salsa. Then you add avocado and lime and make guacamole. Next you make a chicken enchilada(yummy). Then a beef  tostada The food is delicious and Jesus is funny. The resort tour is fantastic if the weather cooperates. Estero beach is the place. You can find it online. If its not full, they give the tour a hotel room to change in. Pool with a swim up bar. Poolside massages, ping pong, basketball, paddle boats, volleyball. They are lounge chairs on the beach. In the afternoon the horses and jet skis show up. Take plenty of cash. The massages, horses and jet skis are cash only. The buffet lunch is included. Drinks are at your own purchase. The food is delicious. This is what you make it. You can do everything or nothing. I've never been to the Rosarito Beach party. Its MTV style and is offered in the summer months. Hope this helps. If you have more ?, just ask. Happy Cruising.

Not Ranked

102 Posts

Kamned replied on Mon Oct 17, 2011 at 09:34 PM

anewbie:

We will be there in December and because Ensenada is the birth place if the fish taco; my excursion will be to discover the best fish taco in Ensenada.

It doesn't look to me like there is much to do there but I have got to tell you I am excited about the tacos.

Not Ranked
      Posts 102
      replied on Mon Oct 17, 2011 at 09:34 PM

anewbie:

We will be there in December and because Ensenada is the birth place if the fish taco; my excursion will be to discover the best fish taco in Ensenada.

It doesn't look to me like there is much to do there but I have got to tell you I am excited about the tacos.

Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >