• REVIEWS
  • FORUMS
FORUMS
Subscribe to Forums

What's happenin' here?

Hot on the forums

Does anyone know?

There´s a place where fun people gather to share ideas and opinions. And that place is the forums. Good thing you're here!

Toilet Paper

Last post on Dec 9, 2012 at 08:13 PM by MrRysk

Page 1 of 16 (152 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
      Top 150 Contributor

1,490 Posts

NewtoCruisen replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:22 PM

Someone posted in the Mexico forum that you should take some toilet paper in your pocket when you get to Progresso.  Said that a lot of the bathrooms dont have toilet paper and they are outside the door selling it at 2 sheets for $0.25

LOL  If its true, that's probably a really good tip.  Imagine being the only one in your group to be so prepared that you have toilet paper!!

But seriously, does this sound like something that happens?  Anyone ever had this scenario when in Progresso? Or anywhere?

People may not remember what you said, and they may not remember what you did. But they will always remember how you made them feel.

Carnival Elation   Nov.  2012

Carnival Elation  Sept. 2013

Carnival Liberty   Nov. 2014

Top 150 Contributor
      Female
      Posts 1,490
      Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:22 PM

Someone posted in the Mexico forum that you should take some toilet paper in your pocket when you get to Progresso.  Said that a lot of the bathrooms dont have toilet paper and they are outside the door selling it at 2 sheets for $0.25

LOL  If its true, that's probably a really good tip.  Imagine being the only one in your group to be so prepared that you have toilet paper!!

But seriously, does this sound like something that happens?  Anyone ever had this scenario when in Progresso? Or anywhere?

People may not remember what you said, and they may not remember what you did. But they will always remember how you made them feel.

119,161 Posts

replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:24 PM

Yep,  25 cent a square, i bought the whole roll, after the mexican foods , i had plans to be there a while Big Smile

replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:24 PM

Yep,  25 cent a square, i bought the whole roll, after the mexican foods , i had plans to be there a while Big Smile

Top 150 Contributor

1,490 Posts

NewtoCruisen replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:32 PM

LOL    Eeeeuuwww

Top 150 Contributor
      Female
      Posts 1,490
      replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:32 PM

LOL    Eeeeuuwww

Top 25 Contributor

7,994 Posts

Engineer Rick replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:35 PM

One more reason to avoid cruises that visit Progresso Progreso.  (Thanx for catching that Z)

Engineer Rick

I am a Cruisaholic; "I'm Not Dead Yet"  Cool

Carnival Splendor, September 6, 2015, New York, New York   ***   Carnival Miracle, December 13, 2015, Long Beach, CA   ***   Carnival Inspiration, January 15, 2016, Long Beach, CA   ***   Carnival Dream, March 20, 2016, Narleans, LA   ***   Carnival Vista, August 6, 2016, Barcelona, Spain

Top 25 Contributor
      Male
      Posts 7,994
      replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:35 PM

One more reason to avoid cruises that visit Progresso Progreso.  (Thanx for catching that Z)

Engineer Rick

I am a Cruisaholic; "I'm Not Dead Yet"  Cool

Carnival Splendor, September 6, 2015, New York, New York   ***   Carnival Miracle, December 13, 2015, Long Beach, CA   ***   Carnival Inspiration, January 15, 2016, Long Beach, CA   ***   Carnival Dream, March 20, 2016, Narleans, LA   ***   Carnival Vista, August 6, 2016, Barcelona, Spain

Top 200 Contributor

912 Posts

Herfnerd replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:35 PM

You need to also check to see if there is a waste basket next to the toilet - if so, you need to put your used TP in there.  Seriously.  Its common in many parts of Mexico as their plumbing system can't handle it....

Top 200 Contributor
      Male
      Posts 912
      replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:35 PM

You need to also check to see if there is a waste basket next to the toilet - if so, you need to put your used TP in there.  Seriously.  Its common in many parts of Mexico as their plumbing system can't handle it....

Top 25 Contributor

11,228 Posts

dvoted2B replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:36 PM

Just bring along a ziplock bag and grab some tissues or TP from the ship.

Another thing is they people selling the squares only accept pesos.

"Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't." Pete Seeger

RTFM = Read The Fabulous Manual aka FAQ;s

Top 25 Contributor
      Female
      Posts 11,228
      replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:36 PM

"Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't." Pete Seeger

RTFM = Read The Fabulous Manual aka FAQ;s

119,161 Posts

replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:40 PM

dvoted2B:

They take good ole green backs from the USA , quarters dimes etcWink

replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:40 PM

dvoted2B:

They take good ole green backs from the USA , quarters dimes etcWink

Top 150 Contributor

1,490 Posts

NewtoCruisen replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:42 PM

ROFLMAO    OK, I am SO glad I read that guy's post!     Had NO idea!.  I'm thinking that this is one of those tips that people really need to know. 

Didnt see this  tip  on any of those, "what do you wish you had known" threads 

And they only accept PESOS?   So you cant pee unless you have Pesos?  LOL

So,  Ziploc bag-CHECK,  tissues from the ship - CHECK,   and a strong bladder -   Uh oh

SO glad I read that post! 

Top 150 Contributor
      Female
      Posts 1,490
      replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:42 PM

ROFLMAO    OK, I am SO glad I read that guy's post!     Had NO idea!.  I'm thinking that this is one of those tips that people really need to know. 

So,  Ziploc bag-CHECK,  tissues from the ship - CHECK,   and a strong bladder -   Uh oh

Top 200 Contributor

912 Posts

Herfnerd replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:58 PM

NewtoCruisen:

Yuppa!  We were in Progresso and my fiancee came out of the women's room (didn't have to pay for TP) and said there was a raunchy smelling trash can in the stall - I asked her if she remembered me telling her that that was where she was to put her used TP and she said she thought I was kidding, lol!!!

Top 200 Contributor
      Male
      Posts 912
      replied on Tue Aug 14, 2012 at 02:58 PM

NewtoCruisen:

Yuppa!  We were in Progresso and my fiancee came out of the women's room (didn't have to pay for TP) and said there was a raunchy smelling trash can in the stall - I asked her if she remembered me telling her that that was where she was to put her used TP and she said she thought I was kidding, lol!!!

Page 1 of 16 (152 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »