• REVIEWS
  • FORUMS
FORUMS
Subscribe to Forums

What's happenin' here?

Hot on the forums

Does anyone know?

There´s a place where fun people gather to share ideas and opinions. And that place is the forums. Good thing you're here!

Need help on what time...
               I was wondering about someth
        FTTF?
        We booked today, but tried 3 different computers to get shore exc
        Who are the PVPs
        I want to get a PVP, but don't know who they are? from searching
        attire
        How dressed up do you have to be to go to assigned dining. Would
        Name on booking
        My husband's first name is Christopher. When I did our booking on

M&M could please confirm or deny a rumor about the Bar Credit tickets.

Last post on Apr 1, 2013 at 05:41 PM by jyst

Page 3 of 8 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
      Top 10 Contributor

23,498 Posts

irishlizz v2.0 replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:03 PM

Yes, the drink coupons will still be honored.

Cori:

I was wondering if the drink coupons will still be allowed to be used and in the same manner that they were bought under. Surely they wouldn't discontinue them with no warning or time to used them up. I just bought 5 sets to use on my upcoming cruise this month.

You call it bragging. I call it excited about cruising.

Póg mo thóin

Titim gan éirí ort

Top 10 Contributor
      Posts 23,498
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:03 PM

Cori:

I was wondering if the drink coupons will still be allowed to be used and in the same manner that they were bought under. Surely they wouldn't discontinue them with no warning or time to used them up. I just bought 5 sets to use on my upcoming cruise this month.

Póg mo thóin

Titim gan éirí ort

Top 10 Contributor

23,498 Posts

irishlizz v2.0 replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:09 PM

The plus side to the bar credits on S&S frequently I forget my drink coupons in my cabin, go order a drink and end up paying for it without coupon.  This way I don't have to worry about where the heck I left my coupons and my drink will just be deducted from the credit on my S&S.  I have a bunch of drink coupons left over from my last cruise that I plan on using in March and still might buy some bar credits for the cruise.  

Póg mo thóin

Titim gan éirí ort

Top 10 Contributor
      Posts 23,498
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:09 PM

The plus side to the bar credits on S&S frequently I forget my drink coupons in my cabin, go order a drink and end up paying for it without coupon.  This way I don't have to worry about where the heck I left my coupons and my drink will just be deducted from the credit on my S&S.  I have a bunch of drink coupons left over from my last cruise that I plan on using in March and still might buy some bar credits for the cruise.  

Póg mo thóin

Titim gan éirí ort

Top 500 Contributor

441 Posts

Cori replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:16 PM

Thanks Lizz....is it me or does it seem like there's just a lot of changes going on right now with Carnival? This upcoming cruise will only be my second cruise and I already feel like rethinking a third one. I try to go with the flow on most things but this seems very confusing and don't feel like its a good deal now. May with time I'll get used to the changes but right now not liking any of them.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Past Cruises:

2013 Triumph Progresso Yucatan, Cozumel 

2013 Magic-- Cozumel,Grand Cayman, Montego Bay

2012 Triumph-- Cozumel,Progresso Yucatan

Top 500 Contributor
      Female
      Posts 441
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:16 PM

Thanks Lizz....is it me or does it seem like there's just a lot of changes going on right now with Carnival? This upcoming cruise will only be my second cruise and I already feel like rethinking a third one. I try to go with the flow on most things but this seems very confusing and don't feel like its a good deal now. May with time I'll get used to the changes but right now not liking any of them.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Past Cruises:

Top 200 Contributor

859 Posts

Karen in WA replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:19 PM

I guess I see having it put on my card as a plus.  I don't have to worry about loosing the tickets, or as Lizz said, leaving them in my room.  And it has been confirmed, the previous tickets will be honored.  So I am fine with it.

Conquest 1/8/12 - Western

Breeze 2/16/13 - Exotic Southern

Miracle 8/26/14 - Alaska

Star (Princess) 4/12/15 - CA Coastal

Top 200 Contributor
      Female
      Posts 859
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:19 PM

I guess I see having it put on my card as a plus.  I don't have to worry about loosing the tickets, or as Lizz said, leaving them in my room.  And it has been confirmed, the previous tickets will be honored.  So I am fine with it.

Conquest 1/8/12 - Western

Breeze 2/16/13 - Exotic Southern

Miracle 8/26/14 - Alaska

Star (Princess) 4/12/15 - CA Coastal

Top 75 Contributor

2,379 Posts

Mischelle replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:19 PM

Hi Everyone, 

I apologize for the delay.  This is what I know so far:

Carnival Cruise Lines recently launched the new Cruise Cash program, which allows guests to purchase shipboard credits in $25 increments up to $100.  Photo credits are available in $10 increments.  The credits are applied to guests’ Sail & Sign accounts.  Currently, three types of Cruise Cash are offered:  1) general/all-encompassing Cruise Cash which can be used to offset any type of charge on a guest’s Sail & Sign account 2) Cruise Cash Bar which specifically earmarks the credit toward bar department purchases and 3) Cruise Cash Photo which designates the credit specifically toward photo department purchases. 

The Cruise Cash program replaces the line’s previous coupon-based program. Carnival will continue to honor previously purchased coupons through Feb. 1, 2014. 

The new Cruise Cash program was developed based on feedback from guests who requested a more convenient and user-friendly system.  The previous coupon-based system had many limitations, including having a pre-set value of $5.75 per coupon, meaning that guests lost money when they purchased items less than that amount or owed money for items that were more than the coupon’s value.  Additionally, coupons were distributed the first night in the dining room and if the guest did not go to the dining room that evening they would not receive their coupons until the next day.  Also, if guests lost or misplaced their coupons, there was no way to track and replace them. 

The new Cruise Cash system addresses all of these concerns.  Once purchased, the credit is applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account thus eliminating the need for guests to carry the coupons; it eliminates the potential for loss in value on smaller cost purchases; it ensures that the credit is immediately available for use once purchased thus not obligating guests to wait for the coupons to be delivered; and there is no risk of losing the credit because of lost or misplaced paper.

The Cruise Cash program is being introduced aboard the 24-ship Carnival fleet beginning with this weekend’s departures. (Excludes the Carnival Spirit at this time)

Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines

Top 75 Contributor
      Female
      Posts 2,379
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:19 PM

Hi Everyone, 

I apologize for the delay.  This is what I know so far:

Carnival Cruise Lines recently launched the new Cruise Cash program, which allows guests to purchase shipboard credits in $25 increments up to $100.  Photo credits are available in $10 increments.  The credits are applied to guests’ Sail & Sign accounts.  Currently, three types of Cruise Cash are offered:  1) general/all-encompassing Cruise Cash which can be used to offset any type of charge on a guest’s Sail & Sign account 2) Cruise Cash Bar which specifically earmarks the credit toward bar department purchases and 3) Cruise Cash Photo which designates the credit specifically toward photo department purchases. 

The Cruise Cash program replaces the line’s previous coupon-based program. Carnival will continue to honor previously purchased coupons through Feb. 1, 2014. 

The new Cruise Cash program was developed based on feedback from guests who requested a more convenient and user-friendly system.  The previous coupon-based system had many limitations, including having a pre-set value of $5.75 per coupon, meaning that guests lost money when they purchased items less than that amount or owed money for items that were more than the coupon’s value.  Additionally, coupons were distributed the first night in the dining room and if the guest did not go to the dining room that evening they would not receive their coupons until the next day.  Also, if guests lost or misplaced their coupons, there was no way to track and replace them. 

The new Cruise Cash system addresses all of these concerns.  Once purchased, the credit is applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account thus eliminating the need for guests to carry the coupons; it eliminates the potential for loss in value on smaller cost purchases; it ensures that the credit is immediately available for use once purchased thus not obligating guests to wait for the coupons to be delivered; and there is no risk of losing the credit because of lost or misplaced paper.

The Cruise Cash program is being introduced aboard the 24-ship Carnival fleet beginning with this weekend’s departures. (Excludes the Carnival Spirit at this time)

Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines

Not Ranked

210 Posts

hodgie replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:31 PM

thanks for getting back to us,however i would like to be put on the list of guests that want a full refund of of my cruise cost and travel expenses............but not until after i have cruised in march and spent all my bar credits that i have bought.

i will have a great cruise regardless of the policy change on drink tickets.....that'll show ya!!......lol

Not Ranked
      Posts 210
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:31 PM

thanks for getting back to us,however i would like to be put on the list of guests that want a full refund of of my cruise cost and travel expenses............but not until after i have cruised in march and spent all my bar credits that i have bought.

i will have a great cruise regardless of the policy change on drink tickets.....that'll show ya!!......lol

Top 500 Contributor

441 Posts

Cori replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:31 PM

Once these bar credits are bought how is the gratuity handled? With the coupons you paid the gratuity on the difference of the coupon and drink. I would assume now the drink and the gratuity total will come off the bar credit with no savings to the customer. If so I see no sense in buying the bar credits. Might as well just pad the S&S card and be done with it. Am I wrong?

CountdownClockCodes.com

Past Cruises:

Top 500 Contributor
      Female
      Posts 441
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:31 PM

Once these bar credits are bought how is the gratuity handled? With the coupons you paid the gratuity on the difference of the coupon and drink. I would assume now the drink and the gratuity total will come off the bar credit with no savings to the customer. If so I see no sense in buying the bar credits. Might as well just pad the S&S card and be done with it. Am I wrong?

CountdownClockCodes.com

Past Cruises:

Top 10 Contributor

23,498 Posts

irishlizz v2.0 replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:32 PM

Nice try!  hahahahaha

hodgie:
      i would like to be put on the list of guests that want a full refund of of my cruise cost and travel expenses............but not until after i have cruised in march and spent all my bar credits that i have bought.

Póg mo thóin

Titim gan éirí ort

Top 10 Contributor
      Posts 23,498
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:32 PM

Nice try!  hahahahaha

hodgie:
      i would like to be put on the list of guests that want a full refund of of my cruise cost and travel expenses............but not until after i have cruised in march and spent all my bar credits that i have bought.

Póg mo thóin

Titim gan éirí ort

Not Ranked

23 Posts

JillsyMN replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:54 PM

Yes Cori you are correct, there is no savings to the customer at all now.  With our group of 6 people we had purchased about 900.00 worth of coupons for a potential gratuity savings of 135.00 now is a savings of zero.

Your Cruise Route Ticker
      Sailing again  02/10/2013   WOO HOO!

Not Ranked
      Female
      Posts 23
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 03:54 PM

Yes Cori you are correct, there is no savings to the customer at all now.  With our group of 6 people we had purchased about 900.00 worth of coupons for a potential gratuity savings of 135.00 now is a savings of zero.

Your Cruise Route Ticker
      Sailing again  02/10/2013   WOO HOO!
      Not Ranked

255 Posts

Sunflw replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM

irishlizz v2.0:

And that's a good thing.. I still have a few from my last cruise that I'd hate to miss out on.  I'm disappointed they did away with the program.  I won't be getting any of the new "bar credits" or whatever they are called now.  Doesn't seem worthwhile. 

Happy Sailing!  ~  Mart  Wilted Flower

CCL Liberty 6/15/2013 ~ Western Caribbean ~ B-Day Cruise Cake
      CCL Glory 3/17/2013 ~ Western Caribbean ~ Surprise Cruise! Surprise Yes Yes Yes
      CCL Liberty 12/29/2012 ~ Western Caribbean Drinks
      CCL Destiny  7/14/2012 ~ Western Caribbean DrinksDrinks
      CCL Imagination  6/20/2011 ~ Western Caribbean Cake
      Discovery   7/1995 ~ Bahamas Gift
      Discovery  6/1994  Bahamas Surprise
      NCL Seaward ~ 1/20/1991 Western Caribbean Drinks Drinks
      NCL Seaward ~ 5/1988 Maiden Voyage Cool
      Discovery ~ 7/1986  Bahamas Paradise

Read and post cruise reviews

Not Ranked
      Female
      Posts 255
      replied on Fri Feb 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM

irishlizz v2.0:

And that's a good thing.. I still have a few from my last cruise that I'd hate to miss out on.  I'm disappointed they did away with the program.  I won't be getting any of the new "bar credits" or whatever they are called now.  Doesn't seem worthwhile. 

Happy Sailing!  ~  Mart  Wilted Flower

CCL Liberty 6/15/2013 ~ Western Caribbean ~ B-Day Cruise Cake
      CCL Glory 3/17/2013 ~ Western Caribbean ~ Surprise Cruise! Surprise Yes Yes Yes
      CCL Liberty 12/29/2012 ~ Western Caribbean Drinks
      CCL Destiny  7/14/2012 ~ Western Caribbean DrinksDrinks
      CCL Imagination  6/20/2011 ~ Western Caribbean Cake
      Discovery   7/1995 ~ Bahamas Gift
      Discovery  6/1994  Bahamas Surprise
      NCL Seaward ~ 1/20/1991 Western Caribbean Drinks Drinks
      NCL Seaward ~ 5/1988 Maiden Voyage Cool
      Discovery ~ 7/1986  Bahamas Paradise

Read and post cruise reviews

Page 3 of 8 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »