The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
The ancient city of Tulum, rising high above the crystal blue Caribbean Sea. You will be taken by ferry boat to Playa del Carmen and board an air-conditioned bus for a narrated one-hour ride to Tulum.
Tulum is an amazing place where Mayan history, meets the gorgeous colors of the Caribbean, and one of the best beaches in the area. Your certified guide will show you around this former Maya trade site, located right on a cliff overlooking to the sea; admire the main temples "El Castillo", The Temple of the descendent god, The Temple of the water and the Temple of the Frescos
After your guided tour, you will enjoy approximately 1.5 hours of free time to explore the Mayan Temples of Tulum on your own. Don't forget to cool off at the optional beach break at Tulum's famous beach located at the site considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world . Prior to your return, enjoy the refreshment center, a light snack and a bottle of water.
Prior to arriving at Tulum, you will stop for a half an hour rest-room/shopping break at a Mexican Bazar. There are souvenirs, collector's items, clothing and reproductions of ancient Mexican art. A 10% discount is available when you show your ship's card.
Note: This tour takes place on Mexico's mainland, located about 45 minutes by ferry boat from the island of Cozumel. All guests will board the yellow and blue ferry boat located at the end of the pier. The ferry ride may be rough depending on weather conditions
NOTE: This tour takes place on Mexico's mainland, located about 45 minutes by ferry boat from the island of Cozumel. All guests will board the yellow and blue ferry boat located at the end of the pier. The ferry ride may be rough depending on weather conditions. Guests prone to sea sickness are advised to take preventative medication prior to boarding the ferry.
- This is a mainland shore excursion and may not be available on all sailings or itineraries. Please log in with your Booking # to see if available on your sailing.
- A ferry ride takes you to and from Playa del Carmen on the mainland which may be rough at times due to weather conditions.
- This shore excursion requires extensive walking and is not recommended for wheelchair guests or those with walking difficulties.
- An optional trolley shuttle from the bus stop to the site’s entrance (approximately one mile) is available for a roundtrip fee of $2 (US) per person.
- No food or drink is permitted in the ruins site. Guests cannot touch the ruins, and must stay on the guided path.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, bathing suit, towel, and camera are recommended.
- The Mexican government will collect $4 (US) from guests who wish to take a video camera into the ruins.
- No tripods or professional video equipment are permitted.
- During the bus ride, there is a 30-minute restroom stop at a local Mayan cooperative center where handcrafted souvenirs are available for purchase.
- Tulum's Beach is close during bad weather.
- Bring swimsuit, towel, a change of dry clothes. for optional beach in Tulum.
- On Cozumel Plus itineraries, tour duration will be 8 hours.