The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
You don’t need to be an experienced cowpoke to enjoy the freedom of riding a horse on The Mayan Frontier by Horseback & Eco Lounge Beach shore excursion. Ride a gentle steed at a leisurely pace as you discover ancient Mayan culture in the lush Cozumel jungle and afterwards enjoy time at a beautiful beach nearby to cool down and relax.
Arrive at Buena Vista Ranch, home to cattle, ponies, turkeys and other native critters. Guides pair you with a horse to suit your level of skill and provide instructions on how to ride and handle your animal. Once you’re saddled up, you’re ready to head into the low savannah where Mayans lived and worshipped 1,500 years ago.
Follow your expert guides along the ranch trail along flat terrain. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to pause and snap photos of horses, big toloc iguanas, and Mayan ceibo trees. The trail winds past Mayan caves and original and replicated Mayan ruins. One ruin, the “5 Puertas,” is dedicated to the cardinal points on a compass; the fifth point represents heaven.
After your 6-mile circuit of the ranch and its ruins, you can take a break over a cold soda or frothy beer, feel free to meet the frisky foals in the stable. Then grab a bathing suit for some time to cool down in the refreshing turquoise waters of Cozumel or relax with a complimentary soda or water in the shade before it’s time to head back to your Carnival cruise ship.
Book The Mayan Frontier by Horseback & Eco Lounge Beach shore tour today to experience Cozumel’s fascinating Mayan culture and untamed east coast by horseback. This Cozumel shore excursion is an exciting way to add fun ashore to your fun afloat.
- Minimum age to participate is 12 years and maximum age is 65 years. The maximum weight limit is 230 lbs.
- Long pants are recommended, and sturdy, closed-toe shoes are required. Helmets are mandatory.
- Pregnant women are not permitted on this Carnival Mayan Frontier by Horseback excursion.
- A complimentary soda or water is provided.
- Bring a swimsuit and towel.
- A hat, sunscreen, and insect repellant are recommended.
- Guests can purchase bottled water and souvenirs at the ranch, prior to departure.
- Photos of guests on horseback are available for purchase after the ride.
- Some of the ruins within the ranch are replicas.