The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Discover the spectacular natural beauty of Hawaii in the only botanical garden in the world situated on the ocean!
On this beautiful excursion you will:
- Board an air-conditioned van at the pier and listen as your local guides take you on a scenic and narrated tour through Hilo’s Japanese Garden, the Hilo bayfront and the lush Hamakua Coast en route to the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden, a unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary.
- Watch as a dramatic 500 foot long boardwalk transports you into the Hawaii of old, “A Garden in a Valley on the Ocean.”
- Learn that this tropical rainforest, with its waterfalls, meandering streams and rugged ocean coastline, is home to colorful “Sexy Pink” and “Lobster Claw” Heliconia, mysterious “Bat” plants, Giant Anthuriums, exotic Gingers, and more than 2,500 species of tropical flowers, fruits and plants collected from many parts of the world.
- Stroll through the open-air Orchid Garden where orchids grow in their natural environment; it is one of the largest orchid displays in any botanical garden and the brilliant variety of colorful orchids is a treat for everyone.
- Walk through the spiritual Palm Jungle, enchanted by a cathedral of Alexandra Palms towering over you, which opens up to a hidden three-tier waterfall – the amazing Onomea Falls.
- Learn that a new, state-of-the-art Bird House is home to the Garden’s eight colorful Macaws and the Lily Lake teems with koi and aquatic plants.
- Become mesmerized as the unsurpassed beautiful ocean views beckon you to sit and enjoy the serene atmosphere.
- Enjoy 1½ hours of exploring on your own, photographing or simply relaxing amid the beauty of the garden.
- Shop at the garden’s elegant gift shop which offers a fine array of art glass, ceramics, jewelry and other items handcrafted by local artisans.
Note: In case of rain, complimentary umbrellas are available. Manual wheelchairs can be accommodated; no electric wheelchairs or scooters. Guests must be able to step up one foot into van. Some guests may find the steep 500 foot long entrance boardwalk challenging; golf cart assistance is available for this portion only and requires a signed Waiver of Liability. Children under 4 years must have a child seat as mandated by Hawaii law; child seats are not provided
Please see additional notes and information in Description below.