The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Nestled against Thunder Mountain is the amazing Glacier Gardens, a stunning combination of hanging gardens, flowered pathways, and temperate rain forest.
$64.99 / Person
Infants (< 4) don’t require tickets
No Minimum Age
Glacier Gardens is nestled against Thunder Mountain and offers visitors a stunning combination of hanging gardens, flowered pathways, and temperate rainforest.
On this excursion you will:
- Be guided through an atrium full of beautiful hanging baskets in full bloom, as well as the unique upside-down trees that cradle all the flowers in their root systems above.
- Continue from the base of the gardens and ride a covered shuttle to the 580-foot level, stopping along the way as your guide points out the local flora and fauna on display in this natural setting.
- Enjoy an awesome view of the Mendenhall wetlands, Gastineau Channel, Douglas Island, Auke Bay, and Admiralty Island from the boarded viewpoint above.
- Discover the Alaskan Brewing Company for a tour of this growing local enterprise.
- Learn how the company was started in 1986 by locals Geoff and Marcy Larson, this brewery now delivers over 100,000 barrels of beer throughout the western states and, of course, Alaska.
- Hear how Alaskan Amber, their most popular beer, was started from a recipe once used by the Douglas City Brewing Company in the late 1800's.
- Sample 4 different beers, browse through their display of beer bottles, and take home a complimentary sample size glass. Then enjoy the fully narrated motorcoach ride back to your ship.
- All passengers need to present ID at the brewing company.
- Children are welcome, however, minimum age to consume alcohol is 21 years.
- Tour may operate in reverse.
Please see additional notes and information in Description below.