Carnival Mothership Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (“U.S.”) AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE WITH A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. This Sweepstakes may be modified, canceled or postponed by Sponsor at any time in its sole discretion due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Carnival Mothership Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 5/5/21 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 5/9/21 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S., the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, agents, officers and directors of Carnival Cruise Line, a division of Carnival Corporation (“Sponsor”), Carnival Corporation, teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“teamDigital”) and/or “Administrator”) (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and advertising agencies, Sweepstakes fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) and their immediate families (parents, spouses, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void here prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The information you provide as detailed below will only be used for Sweepstakes purposes.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit https://www.carnival.com/Registration/Promotions/mothers-day-2021.aspx (“Website”) and follow the instructions provided to complete and submit a registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”).
Submitting an Entry constitutes your consent to participate in the Sweepstakes and consent for Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer your name, address, email and other details for Sweepstakes administration purposes. Except as noted in these Official Rules, information collected for this Sweepstakes is used only for the purpose of Sweepstakes administration and winner notification, and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner by Sweepstakes Entities or any third parties unless Entrant has elected to receive additional information and Sweepstakes material from the Sponsor or any third party. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participant agrees to all of the terms and conditions of the Sponsor’s Privacy Notice, which is available at https://www.carnival.com/en-US/about-carnival/legal-notice/privacy-notice .
4. ENTRY LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, damaged, inaccurate or undelivered Entries, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the Internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, or network, typographical, printing, electronic, computer, mechanical or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, (i) errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of a prize, the processing of Entries, or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials; (ii) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), cable, satellite or other connections; (iii) Internet traffic congestion or any technical problem, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to/resulting from Sweepstakes participation; (iv) typographical, printing or other errors or omissions in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related ads/materials; (v) human-processing error; (vi) electronic equipment, computer hardware or software failures; (vii) inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error, or otherwise; (viii) any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; or (ix) the inability of any winner to accept a prize. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes or whose conduct potentially compromised the Sweepstakes or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the Administrator, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Every Entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the entrant and repetitive, automated electronic submission of Sweepstakes Entries is specifically prohibited. Use of automated Entry software or programs is prohibited and Entry through any such means is void. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void.
5. WINNER SELECTION: At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period on/about 5/10/20, one (1) Grand Prize winner and three (3) First Prize winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received by teamDigital, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. PRIZES AND PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) North American Carnival Cruise Line cruise (up to a maximum of five (5) days) for winner and one (1) guest in a double-occupancy Oceanview Room. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) = $900 USD. Three (3) First Prizes: Each First Prize winner will receive one (1) of the following Carnival branded items, which shall be selected by Sponsor: (i) Floating Party Speaker: ARV = $69.95; (ii) Carnival Shipscape: ARV = $49.95; or (iii) Carnival Funnel Duffle Bag: ARV = $39.95.
For Grand Prize: Grand Prize is limited to Carnival cruises departing from North America. Associated costs for additional guest(s) are winner’s responsibility. Grand Prize value may vary depending upon departure location, dates of travel, seasonal rates, duration of voyage and itinerary. Any difference between stated and actual value will not be awarded. Terms and conditions of cruise apply. Cruise excludes holiday sailings and must be booked by November 10, 2021 and sail prior to December 15, 2022 or the Grand Prize shall be forfeited. Reservations are subject to availability, blackout dates, and based on capacity restrictions. Sponsor does not guarantee the cruise will be available on the exact sailing dates requested by the Grand Prize winner. Cancellations within six (6) weeks of sailing will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. All travel is capacity controlled and subject to availability. Cruise consists of cruise fare, taxes, fees, port expenses and gratuities only (no transportation). All other expenses not expressly provided for herein including, but not limited to, airfare, ground transportation, pre and post cruise accommodations, shore excursion fees, alcoholic beverages, premium dining, spa services, gratuities, onboard expenditures, and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the sole responsibility of each winner and/or his/her guest. Winner and his/her guest must travel on same itinerary. All terms and conditions of the Sponsor’s Standard Ticket Contract of Passage, found in the cruise booking documentation and at http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx, as well as any other rules, regulations and guidelines of the Sponsor, including these Official Rules, shall be applicable to the prize. Winner and his/her guest must (i) have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (including but not limited to a valid passport or other document) required for travel and (ii) comply with all check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited, and the Sponsor shall not be responsible for any inability of a winner to accept or use any portion of the Grand Prize for any reason. No cash redemptions. No stateroom upgrades or downgrades shall be permitted. Grand Prize is non-transferable, cannot be substituted (except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value), and may not be sold or combined with any other offer. No “Vacation Guarantee” or similar type offer shall apply. If a cruise is cancelled after ticketing of cruise, for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
For all prizes: All details to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each winner is responsible for any federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specified as covered as part of prize herein. ARV of all prizes awarded: $1,110.
7. PRIZE AWARDING AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone and must respond within five (5) calendar days from the date of notification or such winner(s) may be disqualified and the prize at hand awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor may require each potential winner to provide evidence of eligibility (photocopy of a valid driver’s license or other government-issued identification) and contact details (including, without limitation, a valid e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number) to enable Sponsor to award a prize to the potential winner in accordance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any potential winner from any prize element, if a potential winner is determined to be ineligible to participate and/or win a prize. Winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where prohibited) Publicity Release within five (5) days of date of issuance of notification. If a potential winner fails to respond within the specified time period or cannot be contacted; is ineligible according to these Official Rules; fails to return the required documents within the specified time period; or Sponsor’s sending of the required documents are returned as undeliverable; if any potential winner decides to decline a prize for any reason whatsoever; or if any potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit his/her prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible Entries received, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once the official paperwork is received within the specified time period, verified, and Sponsor receives final approval by Administrator, then and only then will a potential winner be designated a winner in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for an undeliverable prize resulting from a typographical error or change of address of entrant. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
8. GENERAL: By entering, each entrant agrees (1) that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to use in any manner (unless prohibited by law) entrant's name, voice, city and state of residence, and photographs and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or Sweepstakes and/or any other purpose now or hereafter known anywhere in the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third parties, except where prohibited by law; (2) to release the Released Parties from all liability and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, infringement or violation of third-party rights or personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of (a) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize; (b) participation in or administration of this Sweepstakes; (c) the exploitation of any of the rights granted herein; and (d) any element of this Sweepstakes; (3) that Released Parties will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in a potentially heightened risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses (including, without limitation, COVID-19) and the causes thereof, and sickness arising as a result of participant’s participating in the Sweepstakes and related activities, wherever, whenever or however the same may occur; (4) to assume all liability for any injury or damage related to (2) (a)-(d); (5) to be bound by the Official Rules and the Administrator’s decisions which are final; (6) to waive all rights to claim or collect punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages; (7) that all causes of action relating to this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (8) that any and all claims, judgments, or awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees; and (9) that Florida law shall apply exclusively to the Sweepstakes and that any dispute with respect to the Sweepstakes shall be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the County of Miami-Dade, State of Florida.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs or compromises the administration, security, integrity or fairness of the Sweepstakes (or portions thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and limit Entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event the Sweepstakes is cancelled or terminated, notice will be posted online and Sponsor reserves the right, at its discretion, to award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received up to time of such action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor.
Any Entries suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar methods of participation) may be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of Entries permitted, and/or if Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional Entries by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or any other method, all suspect Entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void.
NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL REPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS ($5.00 USD). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND FROM SPONSOR, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, visit winners.teamdigital.com/ CarnivalMothership no later than 7/10/21.
11. SPONSOR: For the names of the winners, visit winners.teamdigital.com/CarnivalVIFP3 no later than 8/1/21.
12. ADMINISTRATOR: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT 06801.