A value packed adventure that offers a safari river adventure, Maya temple exploration and a taste of village life. This tour meanders through one of the longest rivers and historic watershed full of amazing wildlife, trees and birds native to Belize. The river portion of the tour twists and turns through the Belize River valley and is an enjoyable 90 minute riverboat tour. The tour breaks at a lush riverside environment for lunch, in the heart of the howler monkey corridor in Belize which is a popular viewing area for large iguanas. A small arts and craft area is on location for your shopping pleasure. Your adventure continues with a short scenic countryside tour through several small villages as you make your way to the ancient Maya city of Altun Ha. Belize’s most prized national Maya treasure, the 10 pound jade head, was discovered here in the tomb of a royal Maya priest. Weather permitting, climb a top the temples for a breathtaking panoramic view of the temple plazas. Before leaving the Maya temple, short visit at the local artesian village in included for handmade wooden carvings and other local souvenirs to take home.
- The minimum age to attend this tour is 3 years old.
- The boats are uncovered.
- A hat, sunscreen, water, insect repellent are recommended.
- This excursion involves walking on inclines and over uneven terrain.
- This tour may operate in reverse.
- Climbing the ruins is not allowed during or after rain for safety reasons.
- The bus ride back to the port is 45 mins.
- This is the closest Mayan Temple to port.