This wheelchair accessible tour is perfect for the whole family. On this tour, you’ll be able to visit Belize, home to some of the most exotic wildlife and plants across the world. With over 150 native animals hundreds of birds and plant life, the Belize Zoo is known as a recreation, research and rescue center for Belize's wildlife. Get up close to some of this beauty in the natural tropical rain forest. All Zoo "residents" were once pets donated to the Zoo, rescued from injuries, abandoned or orphaned and brought in rehabilitation; or born at the Zoo. From snakes, to crocodiles, to the big five cats of Central America, to the national bird, “the Toucan”, and the friendly national animal, “the Tapir”, your visit is both fun, informative and entertaining. Your visit promotes conservation and puts you directly involved in the efforts to safeguard the environment and the animals for future generations. Scientists and researchers from around the world visit Belize's zoo to help in its educational awareness and research programs. Your visit helps to protect and preserve this habitat.
- Children 5 and under are FREE!
- This excursion involves some walking.
- Sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, insect repellent and comfortable light clothing are highly recommended.
- Guests using a wheelchair are welcome to join, as long as they can make few steps in & out of the bus.
- Bus ride is 45 min 1 way.