The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Discover Mystic Coba, once home to more than 500,000 inhabitants, and center of the Mayan commercial empire. Its believed to be one of the largest Mayan cities of the Yucatan Peninsula. Your excursion begins with a 40-minute ride (to Playa del Carmen, mainland Mexico) aboard one of Ultramar’s modern, fast ferries.
Take an informative, 90 minute narrated ride direct to Coba, via air-conditioned motor coach. Once at Coba, immerse yourself in this site, within the depths of the Yucatan jungle, covering nearly four squares miles, and surrounded by beautiful lakes. You will board a tricycle “Mayan Taxi” and start your adventure in company of your fully bilingual English speaking guide for a 90 minute narrated tour, along paths carved through the rainforest, and see how the remains of this impressive city emerge from the jungle and learn about its inhabitants, their lives, secret beliefs and rituals.
Explore newly discovered and restored structures that have only recently been uncovered. See the ball court where the deadly game Pok Ta Pok was played. Marvel at Nohoch Mul, Climb the highest pyramid in Yucatan, even higher than Chichen-Itza and see how, towering pyramids and structures emerge from the dense jungle below.
Discover the artistic heritage of the Mayans through the remains of ancient writings, preserved frescoes and stone carvings. Prior to boarding your bus for your return to Playa Del Carmen, we will offer you a BOX LUNCH and cold bottle of water or soda. Once at Playa del Carmen you will board your comfortable fast ferry that will return you directly to your ship.
NOTE: The Tricycles are for two pax and the duration of the service is max. 1.20 hours. Passengers have the option of using bikes in the site.This tour takes place on Mexico's mainland, located about 45 minutes by ferry boat from the island of Cozumel. All guests will board the yellow and blue ferry boat located at the end of the pier. The ferry ride may be rough depending on weather conditions. Guests prone to sea sickness are advised to take preventative medication prior to boarding the ferry.
- This is a mainland shore excursion and may not be available on all sailings or itineraries. Please log in with your Booking # to see if available on your sailing.
- A ferry ride takes you to and from Playa del Carmen on the mainland which may be rough at times due to weather conditions.
- This shore excursion requires extensive walking and is not recommended for wheelchair guests or those with walking difficulties.
- No food or drink is permitted in the ruins site.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, and camera are recommended.
- The Mexican government will collect $4 (US) from guests who wish to take a video camera into the ruins.
- No tripods or professional video equipment are permitted.
- During the bus ride, there is a 30-minute restroom stop at a local Mayan cooperative center where handcrafted souvenirs are also available for purchase.
- On Cozumel Plus itineraries, tour duration will be 8 hours.