Enjoy the natural beauty of Grand Turk as you kayak along the mangroves and explore the coast on foot. You will travel in an open air safari truck for on a scenic ride across the island through the historic Grand Turk and its capital Cockburn Town, then travel through an unpaved road off the beaten track and ushers you towards the secluded gem where your tour will start. Here, you will meet the highly skilled guides who will provide a safety briefing and paddling instructions before boarding the 2-person glass bottom kayak for an experience of a lifetime. Take in the beauty and tranquility of nature as you paddle gently on the shallow waters surrounded by mangroves and learn about their importance to the ecology and the islands coastlines. Along the way, your guide will point out various plants, birds, and the fascinating sea life that inhabits the creek. See some of the sea life from the clear bottom kayak in their natural habitat. You will also be able to get up close and personal with the some of the animals as your guide helps you interact with them. After kayaking, follow your guide on an eco-adventure walk along the coastline giving you the opportunity for bird watching, to search for shells, and soak up the beauty of Grand Turk. Then, board your transportation for more islands sightseeing on the return journey to the cruise terminal.
- The minimum age is 6 years old; maximum weight per kayak is 400 lbs.
- Two guests per kayak.
- Guests must be in good physical condition and able to paddle approximately 90 minutes.
- Kayak equipment and bottled water are included.
- Swimsuit, sunscreen, non-skid footwear, sunglasses, a hat, and a towel are recommended.
- Guests with heart conditions are not permitted on this excursion.
- Storage lockers are available on site at no charge.