Get an up close look at the life of a lobster man and three of Nova Scotia’s beautiful lighthouses.
On this excursion you will:
- Begin with a short stroll (7-9 minute walk) to board the open sided vessel.
- Enjoy a brief commentary on the Halifax Harbour as you head out into the Great North Atlantic.
- Prepare to help the captain and crew pull up a lobster trap.
- Learn about lobster fishing, as well as the life cycle of a lobster and other crustaceans.
- Have the opportunity to hold a live lobster. Release the traps back into the ocean and make your way towards the first of three lighthouses (depending on sea conditions).
- Learn the importance of lighthouses in the mariner boating trade of Nova Scotia.
- Continue on to Murphy’s on the Water Restaurant for a maritime lobster feast.
- Learn the proper way to crack open a lobster before enjoying a 1¼ lb. lobster traditional potato salad, coleslaw, warm rolls, and homemade deep dish valley apple crisp for dessert.
- Have the opportunity for shopping along the waterfront shops before returning to your ship.
Note: If you require an alternative to the lobster lunch, you must inform shore excursion team onboard the ship.
Lunch also includes coffee, tea and iced tea. Walk from the cruise ship pavilion to the Quay is approximately 10 minutes. Infants, ages 1-3, participating in this shore excursion must have a ticket purchased for them.