The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
While the scribbling on the wall of La Bodeguita that is attributed to Ernest Hemingway may not be his prolific writing, the phrase “My mojito in La Bodeguita, my daiquiri in El Floridita” captures more than just the literary giant’s love for stiff Cuban cocktails. Travel to some of Papa’s favorite Havana hangouts to explore the elements of Cuban culture that captured Hemingway’s heart.
A visit to a local community will provide guests the opportunity to engage with local Cubans working to improve their communities, a mission that Papa also strongly believed in. Cool off with cocktails at the Bodeguita and El Floridita before visiting a special restaurant where a local expert will teach you the art of using locally sourced Cuban ingredients for the perfect mojito. While Hemingway’s love for the spirits of Cuba may be better known, he made the island his home because of his love for the Cuban spirit.
- Tour times are estimates and may be subject to change.
- Tours may run in reverse to provide the best experience for guests.
- Not recommended for guests with wheelchairs or those with walking difficulties, due to walking involved and uneven ground.
- Tours do not include lunch, we recommend having lunch prior to your excursion.
- This tour includes an optional drop off at Almacenes San Jose Artisan Market instead of the port terminal
- 3 complimentary alcoholic drinks are included in your excursion.
- This tour is designed to be in compliance with People to People guidelines.
- The community project associated with this tour is included to promote further understanding and interaction with the Cuban people. As is the fluid nature of community projects in Cuba, the location and type of community project visited may vary to provide the best experience for our guests.
- If you are sailing on a call arriving before 11:30AM and traveling pursuant to the people-to-people exemption, in order to comply with U.S. regulations you will need to participate in People-to-People activities totaling at least 7-8 hours. Half day Carnival tours will need to be supplemented with additional half day people-to-people compliant activities.
- Travelers wishing to participate in this tour should be aware that a $1 donation from each traveler is expected at the Community Project.