Get away from it all on a small group experience that explores the surrounding waterways by Zodiac. Be outfitted in rain gear, rubber boots and a life jacket before you depart directly from Icy Strait Point. Following a safety briefing, you will get to captain the boat yourself as you traverse the protected waterways. You’ll board a four-passenger boat and head out into the wilderness to explore the beautiful coastlines of Port Frederick and Icy Strait. Depending on weather and recent wildlife sightings, your guide will choose a route that is best suited for the day’s conditions. Be escorted by a knowledgeable guide and learn about the area’s history and culture as you look for wildlife such as humpback whales, sea lions, seals, eagles and bears. Following your maritime adventure, return to the dock and warm up with a hot beverage before returning to your ship.
- Guests must weigh between 30 lbs. and 350 lbs.
- Drivers must be at least 25 years of age and present a valid driver’s license or other proof of age.
- Maximum of four guests per boat and all eligible guests will have a chance to drive.
- Parties under three will share a boat.
- Tour route may change due to daily tide and weather variations.
- This tour is not a good choice for guests with back or neck injuries, or expectant mothers.
- The seas can become rough and bumpy.
- All safety instructions and signs are provided in English. For safety reasons, to operate and drive the boats on this tour, guests must be able to communicate and respond to instructions given in English.