Icy Strait Point is a prime destination for freshwater stream fishing. Today’s journey takes you through the town of Hoonah and ten miles out along scenic dirt roads to Game Creek for a memorable stream fishing experience. You will be provided with instruction, hip boots and all the gear needed to spin cast (or fly fish for those with experience) along the banks of Game Creek. Keep in mind that fish vary seasonally, but you can expect to catch Dolly Varden, char and cutthroat trout all season long. Steelhead are available in May and early June. Pink salmon run from late June through September, and silver salmon from late August through September.
- Minimum age is 10 years.
- A catch is likely but is not guaranteed.
- Alaska State law requires a valid 1-day fishing license, which can be purchased for $20 cash from your guide.
- Children under 16 are not required to purchase a license.
- This is exclusively catch-and-release fishing to conserve the resource.
- Bring warm clothes.
- Boots and rain gear are available, but bring your own if you have them.
- All fishing gear and tackle is provided.
- Fishing will be with spinning rods; there will be a few fly rods on hand also.