Experience the best of Juneau - from Mendenhall Glacier and Macaulay Salmon Hatchery to a salmon bake in the lush rainforest.
On this excursion, you will:
• Learn all about salmon at the Macaulay Hatchery where you can see adult spawning salmon (late June through September)
• Visit the monumental Mendenhall Glacier; this meandering river of compressed blue ice ranks as the largest glacier in southeast Alaska accessible by road.
• See exhibits, interactive videos and a panoramic view of the glacier at the Visitor Center.
• Savor all-you-can-eat wild Alaska salmon, chicken, pasta, baked beans, salads, corn bread and dessert while you dine under translucent domes.
• Stroll through the woods or roast marshmallows over the campfire.
• Take the short walk to Salmon Falls to pan for gold or view spawning salmon (in season) and the remains of the historic Wagner Mine.
• Return to the pier at your leisure, as buses depart regularly.
Tour operator is authorized under special use permit to access the Tongass National Forest. Does not include walking on the glacier as only helicopter tours access the glacier. Visit at the glacier is self-guided as your driver is not permitted to conduct tours.