Your incredible half-day wildlife adventure begins when you meet your Alaska bush pilot for a breathtakingly scenic flight over southeast Alaska’s glorious landscape. Once your plane has landed, you will immediately find yourself in brown bear territory, where access is limited by permit to ensure preservation of these glorious creatures. Here, your expert local guide will share in-depth knowledge of the area’s fascinating natural history, wildlife and, of course, the life and habits of brown bears. You will enjoy an educational walk along pretty streams, breathtaking estuaries and coastal areas looking for wildlife and taking photographs. You’ll head back to port on the return flight having experienced a truly special day out. Photographers and nature enthusiasts will marvel at this opportunity to discover the unexpected on this once-in-a-lifetime experience allowing a rare look into the world of Alaska’s most grand and majestic animals.
- Minimum age is 7 years.
- Aircraft fly no higher than 3,000 feet.
- Oxygen for personal use is allowed but must be in the form of an FAA approved portable oxygen concentrator that can be secured to the user's body.
- Guests must be able to fit in waders (size 4 to 15) and be able to negotiate uneven terrain.
- Bear and other wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed.
- Waiver must be signed and medical conditions disclosed.