The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Relive Juneau's gold rush history and dine at the award winning Gold Creek Salmon Bake, a combination of two popular Juneau tours.
On this excursion you will:
- Be provided a costumed prospector who will guide you in a comfortable 24-passenger van through historic Juneau en route to Last Chance Basin.
- Trace the route taken by Joe Juneau and Richard Harris in their search for gold over 100 years ago.
- See the abandoned Alaska-Juneau gold mine and many other historic sites.
- Near the famous A.J. gold mine, one of the world's largest hard rock mining operations where you will get hands-on experience panning in Gold Creek. "Guaranteed gold"!
- Listen to your prospector recapture the history of Juneau's gold discovery and hard rock mining as you view the remnants of the mine.
- Continue on to arrive at Gold Creek Salmon Bake, where Alaskan-caught salmon will be grilling over an open alderwood fire.
- Enjoy our Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild rice pilaf, a variety of fresh salads, corn bread and lemonade, coffee or tea.
- Be entertained by the local musician while you dine beside Salmon Creek, nestled in the lush foliage of Southeast Alaska's rainforest, under translucent domes to protect you rain or shine.
- Have a true taste of the outdoors after dining and roast marshmallows over a crackling campfire.
- View beautiful Salmon Creek waterfall beneath which salmon spawn and remnants of the Wagner Mine exist.
- Experience this extraordinary outdoor restaurant as it is truly more than a meal; it's an Alaska adventure.
Note: Alcoholic beverages can be purchased at an additional cost.
Please see additional notes and information in Description below.