The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
The "PILOT'S CHOICE" Glacier Explorer includes two separate landings on the Juneau Icefield within the Tongass National Forest. During this second-to-none journey, see the best Alaska has to offer.
Soaring high above the lush rain forest, incredibly deep valleys and awe-inspiring peaks, you'll marvel at vistas seen by few! Your pilot will give you an eagle's eye view of high alpine lakes, "icefalls" hanging from sheer cliffs and some of the most remote peaks and glaciers in the Juneau Icefield -- places like Wonderland, Glacier King, the Mendenhall Towers, or Mt. McGinnis.
The itinerary is flexible; your pilot is free to create the best possible tour under the current weather and glacier conditions. For an up-close opportunity to appreciate this ancient landscape, your pilot will land in two different locations, where you will continue the tour on foot!
During these two landings you will learn about the geological and environmental processes at work creating moraines, crevasses, seracs, and the glaciers themselves. The "Pilot's Choice" tour is an incomparable journey of discovery, a once-in-a-lifetime experience sure to provide enduring memories of Southeast Alaska's beautiful wilderness.
- Glacier boots are provided.
- Due to increased security, no carry-on bags will be allowed on the helicopters.
- TEMSCO Helicopters does not permit the use of iPads, iPad Minis or tablets on any of their flights.
- A secure location will be provided at the office for storing personal items.
- Due to weight, balance and capacity restrictions, if you weigh over 250 lbs, you are required when booking, to purchase a second seat ($145.00 surcharge) on helicopter flightseeing excursions.