The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Thrills abound on this tour that offers a personal, small-group glacier adventure by helicopter and airboat in the untouched, remote area of the Taku Glacier and River.
Hop aboard a shuttle van for a ride through the city of Juneau to the airport located in the Mendenhall Valley.
Listen to a pre-flight safety briefing; then, it's time to board a helicopter for a flight high above Juneau, the Tongass National Forest, the Juneau Ice Field, Gastineau Channel, and the Taku River -- stunning scenery all around. The helicopter lands on the deck at Taku Point, just across the river from the face of the Taku Glacier. Friendly staff will greet you and give you a flotation jacket and hearing protection. You'll hear a safety briefing about the airboat, as well as plenty of interesting local history. Snap some pictures of the pristine Taku River basin and the Taku Glacier spread out before you.
Descend the 20 stairs, and 20-foot ramp to the dock below and board the waiting airboat. You'll sit comfortably aboard the covered airboat, with open sides for the best possible views and photo opportunities. The airboat captain will help you board and your adventure continues by water. On the river, you'll cruise the five-mile face of Taku Glacier -- the only advancing glacier in the Juneau Ice Field. You'll come within arm's length of the ice, and gain an understanding of the immense size of the glacier from the level of the river. The airboat captain will stop the boat in various locations for amazing photos, and talk about the glacier and the river basin that it has carved over the years.
Back at Taku Point, you'll leave the airboat to re-join the helicopter that will take you up to the top of Taku Glacier for a glacier landing. Step out of the helicopter and set foot on the amazing 4,500-foot-thick ice. You'll have time for more photos, and your pilot will give you details about the Ice Field and facts specific to the Taku Glacier.
The helicopter will return you to the airport in Juneau, and your tour concludes with a van transfer back to the pier.
- Minimum age is 7 years.
- Actual tour duration is approximately two hours from lift-off at the heliport to return to the helicopter base.
- Passenger names and weights are required by the FAA for weight and balance calculations and flight manifesting.
- To ensure the comfort of all travelers, guests weighing 280 lbs (clothed weight) or more must pay an additional $150 to secure extra space in the aircraft.
- A no-bag policy applies; all bags brought to the base will be stored in our safe-keeping at the helicopter base until you return from your flight.
- Minimum age is 12 years old.