Whale sightings are guaranteed on this personalized small group tour combining marine exploration with a gentle hike on a temperate rainforest trail.
On this excursion you will:
• Ride out to the Mendenhall Glacier
• Hike along a wooded path once completely covered by the massive glacier, led by a Certified Naturalist Guide.
• Spend an hour exploring and track the glacier's recession over the past 100 years.
• Learn that this special corner of the Tongass National Forest is home to beavers, eagles, salmon, porcupines, and black bears.
• Board a covered exploration vessel specifically designed for up-close wildlife viewing.
• Experience the world of humpback whales, Orcas, sea lions, porpoises, seals, sea birds and more.