The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Explore a mystical Taino Indian cave and then enjoy a tour of the city.
- You’ll board an air conditioned motor coach for a 30-minute ride to La Cueva de las Maravillas (Cave of Wonders).
- Discovered by Boy Scouts in 1926, this immense cave includes over 800 meters of underground labyrinths, 240 of which have been lit to highlight its astounding geological formations.
- You’ll explore the cave with your guide, viewing the stalactites and stalagmites that fill the cave as well as the natural pool.
- See the pictographs left by native Taino Indians from pre-Colombian times and preserved in almost perfect condition.
- After the caves, take a scenic tour through La Romana, with a stop at the Park for some free time to enjoy the local ambience and maybe buy some local handmade souvenirs.
NOTE: when the Park is not able to be visited, a stop at a store will be made to browse for Dominican artistry, souvenirs, and jewelry unique to the island. Bottled water included. Closed-toe walking shoes are recommended. Cameras are not permitted in the caves. There are approximately 140 steps into the caves. Order of itinerary may vary.