The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Enjoy a visit to a local winery in Chateauneuf before proceeding to Avignon, the city of art & culture. Drive approximately 1.5 hours to the town whose original vineyards were planted on the land belonging to the Avignon popes. These living religious icons summered here and, with their fame, word of the magnificent wines produced in this region began to spread.
Visit a local winery here where you can taste the yields of age-old tradition, including 3 different wines. Proceed onto Avignon, sprawled along the banks of the Rhone River and surrounded by ramparts, dominated by the massive Dome Rock. The Cathedral and the Palace of the Popes stand atop the rock, towering majestically over the town. After a guided tour of Avignon enjoy approximately 2 hours of free time for lunch and shopping.
- This excursion involves walking over cobblestone streets and there are around 250 steps at the Popes' Palace.
- This excursion must be booked at least 3 days in advance of arrival, due to local winery reservations.
- Minimum age for alcohol is 21 years.
- No entrance fees in Avignon included.
- Comfortable shoes recommended.