The journey begins as soon as you board the air conditioned transportation to the stables at Hacienda Doña Engracia, a family owned and operated tequila factory. While traveling towards the ranch, you will see beautiful local scenery and lush vegetation including mango and banana trees as well as an assortment of other fruit bearing trees that you won´t see back home. You will also experience a daily village life in a Mexican pueblito. At the hacienda, you will be matched with a horse that suits your ability and personality. Afterwards you will go horseback riding through the foothills of the Sierra Madre Mountains with panoramic views of the countryside and other wonders of nature. Don´t forget to bring your swimsuit. If the conditions permit, you may enjoy an unforgettable experience of swimming in the Mascota River on horseback! Back at the ranch, you will receive a welcome margarita and enjoy a complimentary tour of the tequila making process. You will be able to taste the unlimited samples of Blanco, Reposado and Añejo tequilas along with 3 different types of liquors made at this hacienda style ranch. Afterwards, you will enjoy a delicious Mexican buffet. Enjoy some free time, relax and enjoy all the amenities at Hacienda Doña Engracia before heading back to the ship.
- During the rainy season, the river rises and forces the excursion to follow the mountain trail instead of swimming in the river.
- The minimum drinking age is 18 years old.
- The maximum weight limit is 220 lbs.
- Pregnant women and guests with back/neck injuries are not permitted on this excursion.
- The minimum age is 10 years old.
- Guests below 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent.
- Long pants and sturdy shoes are recommended for the tour.