The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Wind your way, on horseback, through one of Alaska's most breathtaking valleys just as the original stampeders did.
$174.99 / Person
*Prices may vary by sailing
Activity Level: Difficult
Enjoy breathtaking views as you drive 9 miles into some of Skagway's most rustic backcountry to the valley of Dyea and the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park.
On this exciting excursion you will:
- Arrive at the hitching posts and be given a brief orientation before heading out on your very own horse for a 1.75 hour trail ride.
- Once on the trail in single file, maintaining a steady walk through the valley of Dyea, two guides will ensure an enjoyable ride.
- Enjoy your ride back as it takes you through a dense part of the second-growth forest, past Slide Cemetery.
- Upon your return to the hitching posts, enjoy a refreshing drink and smoked salmon snack before your transfer back to the ship.
- Beginners are welcome. Long pants and a handkerchief to keep dust from your face are recommended.
- Children must be 14 years of age to participate.
- A minimum height of 4 feet 10 inches and a maximum weight of 250 pounds are required.
- Very limited participation.