Step aboard your motorcoach for a light-hearted tour of Skagway through its early morning streets to the Red Onion Saloon and Brothel where you will be greeted with a garter and breakfast.
On this excursion you will:
- Learn about Skagway’s more colorful, and sometimes dark-side as you your driver will point out the historic saloons and storefronts where notorious scoundrels like Soapy Smith earned their reputations during the wild, lawless days of the gold rush.
- At the famous Red Onion Saloon and Brothel, lavishly costumed madams will greet you with a garter and a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs with cheese, onions and peppers, sausage links and a warm buttermilk buscuit served with seasonal fruit.
- Be delighted by their provocative tales of Klondike Kate, Diamond Tooth Lil, Pea Hull Annie and other enterprising women who worked the Red Onion in 1898. The bartender will share hilarious stories of the saloon’s more recent and no less intoxicating history whilst mixing you a Red Light Bloody Mary, a Klondike Koffee or a cocktail of your choice.
- Step upstairs to the celebrated brothel museum and explore the halls and bedrooms where the priceless silver dress worn by the Onion’s first madam is on display with many of the original artifacts left by the “Soiled Doves” of yesteryear.
- Have your photograph taken with one of the madams and keep a sharp eye out for Lydia, the Onion’s resident ghost, who is said to make her appearances in the early morning.
- From the vantage of Skagway’s scenic overlook, photograph the valley below and the tiny town that once teemed with over 15,000 men and women, 80 saloons and as many gambling houses and dance halls.
- This behind-the-scenes excursion brings to life an era of great glamour and intrigue.
Note: Minimum age to be served alocohol is 21 years. No minimum age to go on tour.