Discover a truly northern pastime while learning all about sled dogs and their mushers.
On this amazing excursion you will:
- Experience the dogs in action as you participate in an approximate 15-minute summertime ride aboard a custom-built wheeled sled.
- Take a scenic transfer from the ship by mini-van will take you out through Skagway; your guide will acquaint you with both its Gold Rush history and present day community.
- Journey to the most northern point of the Lynn Canal, past the head of the famous Chilkoot Trail and on to the dog camp.
- Stop at the kennels and meet the dogs and climb onto a wheeled sled that is made for running the dogs during the snowless summer months.
- Be whisked away by your husky team along a scenic wooded trail, past Spruce, Hemlock and glacially fed waterfalls with views of the Taiya Inlet tidal flats.
- Return to the dog camp and have time to interact with the dogs and their puppies. Learn about the equipment and the great husky strength that goes into the life of dog sledding in the wild and rugged North.