Take a "Sunday drive" up the spectacular Klondike Highway into Canada's Yukon Territory.
On this excursion you will:
- Travel along the original White Pass Trail viewing waterfalls, glaciers and peaks, before crossing the Klondike Summit at 3,290 feet above sea level and pause at the ghost town of Log Cabin in British Columbia, where mail was dispatched by dogsled to the nearby mining districts.
- Then travel along the jewel-like string of headwater lakes that feed the great Yukon River.
- Make a stop to explore the village of Caribou Crossing, now known as Carcross, with its picturesque hotel and general store.
- Enjoy a home-style lunch at Spirit Lake Lodge, famous through the Yukon for its homemade pies.
- Upon your return you will be allowed plenty of time to shop and explore Skagway.
Note: This excursion enters Canada. Passports are required for all participants. (Birth Certificates and Photo ID are not sufficient for this tour)