This memorable island tour includes Brimstone Hill National Park, Romney Manor Gardens & Caribelle Batilk Studio and a drive through Basseterre.
On this excursion you will:
- Take a drive through the capital city of Basseterre.
- View old churches, West Indian cottages, traditional French architecture and Victorian structures.
- As you leave Basseterre, pass the Cenotaph and look across the Caribbean Sea for views of Nevis on a clear day.
- Drive past the Bloody River, a sight of a major battle area.
- Enroute to Romney Gardens take a look at the Carib volcanic rock drawing.
- Continue with a visit to Romney Manor Gardens and Caribelle Batik Studios.
- Tour the stunning 12-acre garden setting where local artists produce the fabric and apparel for Caribelle Batik. Samuel Jefferson, the great grandfather of Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the USA, was the original owner of this splendid estate.
- Finally, explore Brimstone Hill Fortress, a 300 year old fortress perched on a 40 acre hilltop 780 feet above sea level.
- Enjoy a self guided tour of this majestic fortress, also known as "The Gibralter of the West Indies" and is a significant site in the British and French naval history.
- Before returning to the ship, St Thomas Warner's Tomb will be pointed out to you, along with a panoramic view stop at Timothy Hill.